Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

When I Woke Up I Was a Hippopotamus by Tom MacRae


When I Woke Up I Was a Hippopotamus was written by Tom MacRae and illustrated by Ross Collins.
Genre: Picture Book
Sub-genre: Fiction
Theme: Pretending; Rhyming 
Primary and Secondary Characters: The little boy (He was never named) was the primary character. Mom and Dad are the secondary characters.
Awards:None
Publisher and Date of Publication: Anderson Press; 2011
Summary and Uses: This book is about a little boy who transforms into different things as his mood changes throughout the day. When he goes a little too far, he discovers his parents transform too. I think this book is geared for older children. I read it to a five year old and he wasn't enchanted by the story. The idea of this book is hilarious and I would read it out loud to a third, or fourth grade class.

0 comments:

Post a Comment