Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

My Garden by Kevin Henkes

My Garden is written and illustrated by Kevin Henkes.

Genre: Picture Book
Sub-genre: Fiction
Theme: Nature's beauty; Imagination
Primary and Secondary Characters: A young girl is the primary character. She is never named.
Awards:None to date.
Publisher and Date of Publication: HarperCollins; 2010
Summary and Uses: This book is about a young girl helping her mother in the garden. As she notices the way her mom's garden grows, she becomes inspired and dreams up a beautiful garden of her own complete with jellybean bushes, chocolate rabbits, and strawberry lanterns. I would use this book in my classroom just for the illustrations alone. They are gorgeous hand paintings that will take your breath away. I also think children need to be inspired to dream and find happiness in the simple things. This book definitely will help them do that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment