Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Amber Brown: I, Amber Brown by Paula Danziger


Amber Brown: I, Amber Brown was written by Paula Danziger
Genre: Young Adult
Sub-genre: Fiction
Theme: Hardships of divorce
Primary and Secondary Characters: Amber Brown is the main character and her parents and Max are the secondary characters.
Awards:None
Publisher and Date of Publication: Scholastic Inc; 2000
Summary and Uses: This book is about Amber Brown who is a daughter of divorced parents. She struggles with the holiday season because nothing is the same. Her dad is back around so there is joint custody and parental fighting. She is a bright and funny girl who tends to look on the bright side. I would have this book in my classroom because children can really relate to Amber. I doubt I would use this book in my curriculum but I know students in the range of third to fifth grade would enjoy this truly humorous book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment